WHAT IS A STYLE GUIDE?
A style guide establishes the graphic guidelines of a collection, character, or brand to ensure consistency between the brand’s identity and the final product.
This guide allows you to highlight the crucial elements of your collection so your team and collaborators can unleash their creativity without compromising the end-user experience.
Erick Montiel, Head of Marketing & Management at Gazer73
STYLE GUIDE VS. IDENTITY MANUAL
Although an style guide may share some characteristics with a identity manual, they serve different purposes.
1. It focuses on licensed product development.
2. You can generate infinite style guides according to the region’s needs, product type, seasonality, and trends, among others.
3. It’s oriented to licensees, franchisees, or third-party partners.
4. The style guide target may change according to business objectives.
5. Its goal is to develop products or collections with a unified identity.
1. It focuses on identifying the rules or guidelines of a brand.
2. Usually, there is only one identity manual.
3. It’s oriented to internal teams and external audiences related to brand communication.
4. The brand identity manual target is the same as the brand.
5. Its function is to have a guideline to generate new materials according to the brand’s identity.
As you can see, the identity manual is the starting point for creating a style guide. Once your brand has a defined identity and elements, you can tell your story through your products.
Hugo Derat, Senior Manager, Creative and product development at The Walt Disney Company Mexico
WHAT DO THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT STYLE GUIDES?
A STYLE GUIDE IS PART OF THE BRAND’S DNA
Emilio Trabulse, Consumer Products & Licensing Director at Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, talks about the impact of style guides on a brand’s business strategy.
STYLE GUIDES FOR GREAT PRODUCTS
Hugo Derat, Senior Manager of Creative and Product Development at The Walt Disney Company Mexico, shares the importance of style guides and their value in product development.
STYLE GUIDES FOR INFLUENCERSS
Erick Montiel, Head of Marketing & Management at Gazer73, explores the process of developing a style guide with content creators and personal brands.
Speaking with Emilio Trabulse:
MARKETING & INNOVATION
Emilio Trabulse, Consumer Products & Licensing Director at Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, narrates the relevance of marketing and innovating beyond magic formulas.
Talking to Hugo Derat:
CONNECTING WITH THE CONSUMER
Hugo Derat, Senior Manager, Creative and Product Development at The Walt Disney Company Mexico, explains the impact of storytelling on the user experience.
Talking to Erick Montiel:
MARKETING IN TIMES OF CRISIS
Erick Montiel, Head of Marketing & Management at Gazer73, speaks about the implication of marketing in times of crisis.
RELATED BLOG POSTS
Style guides, art guides, or style guides: A solution for brands and licensees
Style guides are vital for product development.
What is neuromarketing, and how can it positively impact your sales?
Analyze your product from your consumer’s eyes with the help of neuromarketing.
Contact us to make real your style guide or brand identity manual!